Safety Manager, PNG
Mission Aviation Fellowship (MAF) is a unique organisation using aircraft to deliver help and hope across the developing world for 75 years. Papua New Guinea is one of the most culturally diverse countries in the world. It is also one of the most rural, with 80+% of its population living in very remote areas and isolated by the rugged terrain. For these communities, MAF’s flight and freight services are not a luxury, but a lifeline!
To ensure the safety of our operations in PNG, we are seeking a Safety Manager who will be responsible for implementing and running the Safety Management System in our PNG (Mt Hagen) operations.
This is a great opportunity to work with the Regional Safety Managers and support them in implementing global safety standards in the programme.
The Safety Manager will ensure that all safety standards are met and followed by the PNG programme by:
• Supporting and implementing the global safety initiatives
• Supporting the Safety Management System
• Promoting and improving the overall safety culture
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
• Relevant post-secondary education qualifications or equivalent experience
• Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly across both geographical and cultural boundaries
• Ability to develop and produce reports and recommendations to senior management
• Critical event interviewing skills
• Experience working in the aviation industry
• Experience working in a developing country
• Health and Safety certificate (e.g. IOSH, NEBOSH)
• Hold or have held an ICAO Commercial Pilots Licence (CPL)
• Hold or have held an ICAO Aviation Maintenance Engineer Licence (AME) without type rating
• Training and Development course
• Accident Investigation Course