Country Director, PNG
Are you a strategic and driven leader? Are you ready to help spearhead our mission to share the love of Jesus Christ by providing humanitarian aviation and related technology to transform individuals and move them towards the fulfillment of basic needs and spiritual transformation in PNG? We want to hear from you.
Mission Aviation Fellowship International (MAF) is an international Christian organisation bringing help, hope and healing to some of the poorest and most remote communities in the world. Our vision – to see isolated people changed by the love of Christ. Our mission – serving together to bring help, hope and healing through aviation. And our values are embodied in six key words: Impact, Witness, Partnership, Care, Excellence and Stewardship.
As Country Director, you are at the forefront of transformation as you work with our partners to reach isolated communities. The role requires you to direct MAF’s PNG strategy and successfully navigate a significantly diverse, impactful, and changing environment. As the leader of a multinational and intercultural team, you will be instrumental in inspiring and enabling your team to achieve our strategic plans and vision. You will work collaboratively with local partners, regulatory authorities, and country officials to achieve the program strategies and goals.
Key Responsibility Areas:
1. Strategy: Develop, lead, and implement well-defined country strategy
2. Planning: Develop and implement a clear and realistic ministry impact plan for PNG
3. Leadership of people and leaders: Provide essential integral leadership to the team and develop leaders through clear operational Leadership Expectations
4. Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning: Leading a solid project management routine that helps us to think out, plan, monitor and evaluate our program.
5. Influence, partnerships, and networks: Develop and establish solid partnerships and networks that represent and position the organisation at strategic level in the country
The position requires you to live and work in Mount Hagan, Papua New Guinea.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
• Demonstrated extensive relevant work experience with remote, integral, and cross functional leadership in a complex, intercultural and professional organisation, including Project Management, Evaluation & Learning.
• Solid experience in strategic planning in an international setting and leading organisational change.
• Bachelor’s / master’s equivalent degree.
• Demonstrated experience in leading multi-cultural teams and developing leaders.
• People orientated, cross cultural communicator, and demonstrated ability to influence and build and maintain professional relationships with all levels of an organisation.
• Financial insight (business and budget management).
• Fluency in spoken and written English.
• Experienced in an international matrix organisation
• Know-how of and experience in regulatory environment, INGOs, Faith based organisations, and/or aviation.
• Spiritual leadership experience within an interdenominational context
• Experience with leading volunteer teams.
If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of the some of the worlds’ most remotely isolated people, this position offers an excellent opportunity to make a genuine impact.
Please enquire now for more information about this incredible opportunity!