Country Director, Liberia
Mission Aviation Fellowship (MAF) is an organisation using light aircraft to deliver help and hope in Jesus’ name in over 30 developing countries. For more than 75 years, MAF has been transporting patients, relief workers, produce and medical supplies to the world’s remotest regions and places of deepest human need – places where flying is not a luxury but a lifeline.
Liberia is one of the oldest republics in Africa, but also one of its poorest. As a country, it has suffered more than a decade of civil war which saw hundreds of thousands die in conflict. The nation was also devastated by the Ebola crisis of 2014. Today, many people live below the poverty line and have little access to electricity and running water.
MAF has been working in Liberia for a number of years providing essential support through numerous partners. We operate a Cessna Caravan based in Monrovia where we offer shuttle services, charter services and very often, medical evacuations. We are currently the only humanitarian flight service in the country and to continue this work and take it further, we now require a Country Director. Your role will be to lead our Liberia programme where you will be responsible for the overall management of the programme. You will manage and oversee all aspects of the programme as well as be in charge of providing inspired leadership.
– As the Country Director there are five key areas we are looking this person to fulfill – Strategic, Planning, Leadership, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, Influencing.
– You will work closely with the Regional Director, supported by technical and support functions to fulfill to develop, lead and implement the programmes strategy.
– You will develop and implement a clear and realistic ministry impact plan for the country and lead the team and operations to ensure impact is maximised.
– As a leader of people you will guide and provide an environment where staff can flourish professionally and spiritually and also raise up and develop leaders for the
– You will plan, monitor, evaluate to ensure activities effectively contribute to the overall strategy to drive for continuous improvement.
MAF is a relational organisation who work with many partners, internal and external stakeholders therefore you will have the ability to develop and establish solid relationships and networks at a strategic level in the country.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
– Ability to apply know-how into practice. Analyse, develop and assess the suitability of techniques, processes, and methods and to apply this in a complex environment.
– Fluency in written and spoken English
– Demonstrated relevant work experience within remote, and integral and cross functional leadership in a complex, intercultural and professional organisation, including PME&L (Project Management, Evaluation & Learning) and strategic planning in an international setting
– Experience with and co-leadership of organisation changes. Prepared for change and being team based and outcome focused.
– Demonstrated ability to build and maintain good relationships with all levels of an organisation.
– BA Degree
– Good command of a second / third language helpful
– Spiritual leadership experience within an interdenominational context
– Experience in a matrix organisation
– Know-how of and experience in regulatory environment. INGOs and/or aviation
– Leading/managing an international organisation