Training Base Training Captain, Uganda
MAF seeks to restore some of the most isolated communities in the world by providing aviation and technology. Would you like to be a part of this?
We are now seeking a Training Base Training Captain who will join the MAFI’s Aviation Department (AD) in our Uganda programme. You will be responsible for assisting the MAFI Flight Training Team in developing and delivering pilot standardisation and upgrade training courses on both SEP and SET aircraft fleets as part of the AD centralised support services to the programmes.
Duties of the role include carrying out Standardisation training in accordance with MAFI’s training procedures and culture. The role is also responsible for overseeing aircraft conversions in accordance with MAFI training standards. Training and mentoring staff to ensure operational competency, confidence and safety compliance remains at a professional level, as well as contributing to the centralised support of MAFI pilots is integral to the role.
A current ICAO CPL, instrument rating and Instructors rating are essential for this role. The jobholder will have excellent decision making skills, communicate effectively cross-culturally, and be computer and MS literate. Experience in managing and working in a remote team (virtual department).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Current ICAO Commercial Pilots Licence and Instrument Rating
• Holds an ICAO Flight Instructor Rating
• Proven technical writing skills
• Ability to communicate clearly across both geographical and cultural boundaries
• Excellent communication skills and spoken and written English
• Experienced as rated flight instructor is preferred
• Experience on both SEP and SET types (as operated by MAFI – i.e: C182SMA, C206, C208)
• Experience in managing and working in a remote team (virtual department)