Technical Support Engineer – Aircraft Specialist, Cairns
Are you an experienced Aircraft Specialist? Do you feel passionate about supporting overseas missions to share the love of God? If so, this is a great opportunity to be part of a team that supports the work of Mission Aviation Fellowship (MAF).
The Technical Operations team are seeking an experienced Aircraft Specialist. We are looking for you to bring your Technical expertise to develop and recommend aircraft airworthiness maintenance standards in consultation with the Flight & Technical Operations teams. The location for this role is ideally in a place of MAFI operations.
MAF (Mission Aviation Fellowship) is a global organisation using light aircraft to deliver help, hope and healing in Jesus’ name in over 30 developing countries. For more than 75 years, MAF has been transporting patients, relief workers, produce and medical supplies to the world’s remotest regions and places of deepest human need – places where flying is not a luxury but a lifeline.
Our Vision: To see isolated people changed by the love of Christ.
Our Mission: Serving together to bring help, hope and healing through aviation.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 4 years of aircraft maintenance experience with experience installing new avionics systems. You will have an ICAO Avionics Licence applicable to MAF International aircraft systems and management experience in either avionics or aviation.
Previous training in Human Factors and Quality/Safety systems is essential.
You will be a team player with good communication skills. With the ability to communicate clearly across both geographical and cultural boundaries, working in a virtual team environment. You will need to be organised, meet tight deadlines and be flexible with your work schedule.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
– Training in Human Factors
– Training in Quality and Safety Management Systems
– An ICAO Licence applicable to systems contained within aircraft operated by MAF International
– Understanding of the MAF document amendment process
– Installation of new avionics systems
– 4 years of line maintenance engineer experience in at least one MAF AMO
– Familiar with applicable aircraft type/system
– Thorough understanding of documentation control
– Team player with good communication skills
– Ability to communicate clearly across both geographical and cultural boundaries
– Able to work to tight deadlines
– Flexibility with work schedule
– Ability to work in a virtual team environment
– Diploma level in aircraft engineering/, maintenance
– Holds/ has held an Inspection Authorisation (or equivalent) or has undertaken training for the issue of an IA
– Piston engine and /or piston engine component overhaul experience
– Experience in a maintenance control role
– Experience with aviation authorities