Senior Technician, PNG MAF Technologies
Want to be a part of real change?
MAF Technologies, previously known in PNG as Christian Radio Missionary Fellowship (CRMF), has been serving the isolated communities of PNG since 1956. MAF Technologies exists to provide technical solutions that help advance the gospel and connect people to the vital services that are needed. They use services such as radio communication, computing, solar lighting and digital audio Bibles. Technology in PNG is advancing rapidly, and MAF Technologies is here to help.
MAF Technologies now require a Senior Technician to provide efficient and effective repair, maintenance and construction of all types of electronic equipment.
In this role, you will be responsible for showing strong leadership amongst our technical staff and ensuring they are able to meet their assigned tasks, repairs and installations. You must enjoy training and supervising trainee technicians. Sharing theoretical understanding of electronics is an essential part of the role.
You must lead by example in maintaining high personal standards of workmanship, performing cost-effective repairs and maintaining all types of electronic equipment. Excellent public relationships and communication with clients, staff and managers are essential in supporting MAF’s safety culture, and key goals, and extending the reach of the gospel.
You will use your expertise to evaluate appropriate repairs, monitor the radio network, and support MAF Technology’s own technical needs such as radio, alarms and customised devices. Researching non-standard special devices as the need arises and contributing to keep MAF Technologies current with advances in electronics and new technologies.
As the Senior Technician, experience in facilitating the training and skills development of national technicians and apprentices is an advantage. Occasional travel to remote rural locations for installations is also part of the role.
It is an occupational requirement for the successful candidate to be able to align themselves fully with MAF’s Christ-centred vision, mission and core values.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
– Radio or electronic qualifications are essential.
– Minimum two years of practical work in electronics
– Sound theoretical knowledge of phases of electronics and communications is essential.
– Prepared to make short trips to outstations and other centres as necessary.
– Mature, stable temperament, able to develop and maintain good relationships with staff
– Organised, responsible work habits, able to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
– Drivers license
– Bible College Training
– Able to live and work in a small community and make a positive contribution to its activities
– Fluency in English (spoken and written)
– Able to live and work in a small community and contribute positively to the social, recreational
– Able to contribute constructively to discussions regarding policy and procedures of the Programme
– Experience in Renewable energy
– Experience in managing people
– Experience working in a cross-cultural team