Pilot / Assistant Director of Operations – Guinea
Mission Aviation Fellowship International (MAF) is an international Christian organisation bringing help, hope and healing to some of the poorest and most remote communities in the world. Our vision is to see isolated people changed by the love of Christ. Our purpose is to share God’s love bringing help, hope and healing through aviation. And our values are embodied in six key words: Impact, Witness, Partnership, Care, Excellence and Stewardship. For over 75 years, MAF has been transporting patients, relief workers, produce and medical supplies to the world’s remotest regions and places of deepest human need – places where flying is not a luxury but a lifeline. The numbers are staggering… MAF globally now serves 1500+ organisations and operates more than 135 light aircraft to approximately 1500 destinations on five continents.
We are now extending our work into Guinea. The country became independent from France over 60 years ago and is one the least developed countries in the world. The Ebola epidemic had a devastating impact on the country along with poor infrastructure, a growing population and a fragile democracy. We hope to provide much needed safe and reliable air transport for organisations working in remote locations providing water and sanitation, primary health care and HIV prevention, agricultural development and food security, and the development of sustainable livelihoods.
We are now looking for a Pilot/Assistant Director of Operations who will provide a professional aviation service to our customers and be flexible in supporting the programme by fulfilling multiple operational responsibilities.
You will conduct flights in accordance with MAF procedures, always providing a customer focused flight service and actively participating in MAF’s quality and safety management systems.
It will be your responsibility to maintain flying qualifications in accordance with MAF standard operating procedures and national regulations. You will have a pro-active approach to the role – ensuring national licensing and medical requirements are met. In addition, as a member of a developing programme, you will share other duties to maintain operational efficiency, effectiveness, quality and safety of operations in the programme.
As the Assistant Director of Operations you will be responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient use of MAF aircrew and aircraft which need to be operated in accordance with applicable standards, legislation and safety policies. You will also be responsible for the effective performance, development and training of the MAF flight operations team.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
– FAA Commercial Pilots License with instrument rating (applicants with other ICAO commercial pilots licences maybe considered)
– Aviation Medical – Class 1 on entry
– Minimum English proficiency level 4
– French language – intermediate level
– Minimum 1200 flight hours including 500 hours cross country, 100 hours night and 75 hours instrument of which 50 hours must be in an aircraft (pilots who do not fully meet these requirements maybe considered as hour building options could be available)
– Aptitude in verbal and numerical reasoning
– Demonstrated proficiency in and knowledge of aircraft performance and loading, aerodynamics, aircraft systems, weather, aircraft instrumentation, crew/cockpit resource management, pilot decision making, safety and quality systems
– Experience and recent proficiency in the operation of small aircraft to CPL standards
– Some experience of working in commercial or corporate aviation highly recommended
– IFR Operations
**NOTE: You will need to obtain appropriate work permits for the country the position is based in**