Operations Director, PNG
MAF has been serving isolated communities across the world for over 70 years. In Papua New Guinea (PNG) approximately 80 per cent of people live in isolated villages. For them, MAF’s flight and freight services are not a luxury, but a lifeline!
We have a new opportunity for an Operations Director to work closely with the Country Director to enable and develop our operations in PNG.
You will be ensuring the safety and efficiency of the organisation and scheduling all flight operations to meet with applicable standards, legislation and safety policies.
You will also manage the performance and development of our staff across departments as well as develop partnerships with stakeholders, service providers and customers.
The Operations Director will cover a number of key responsibilities to ensure the functionality of the PNG Programme by:
• Managing all the departments as assigned by the Country Director
• Managing the effectiveness of operations
• Participating in the overall management of the programme
• Encouraging, supporting and developing staff to bring about effective performance
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
• Secondary / High School completion
• Hold or have held an ICAO Commercial Pilot or Engineering Licence
• Previous aviation management experience
• Team management experience
• Excellent communication skills
• A qualification in management or equivalent
• Experience in dealing with aviation authorities