Operations Director/ Pilot – Southeast Asia
Situated at the crossroads between South Asia and the Greater Mekong Subregion, a fascinating and ethnically diverse state. It is abundant in natural beauty; from jungle-covered mountain ranges to ancient temples and vast lakes and wetlands.
MAF has a brand new program. If you are looking for the challenge of combining your operations and pilot skills with the opportunity to serve, the Operations Director/ Pilot role could be the role for you. Be involved right from the very start, and help shape the future of this program.
– lead and oversee the set up of both the FAOC (Foreign Air Operators Certificate) and local AOC (Air Operators Certificate) operations within the country.
– inspire a growing multi-national and multi-cultural team; an essential component of this is managing the performance and development of our staff across departments, by: providing feedback, mentoring and training as appropriate to encourage effective performance.
– pro-actively seeking to develop partnerships with service providers, understanding potential service users and fostering good relationships with various officials, local leaders, regulatory authorities, country officials and appropriate government departments will be key to the success of this program.
– ensure all operational activities in the programme are carried out within the approved annual budget by monitoring internal control systems and taking corrective action where necessary.
Providing a professional aviation service to customers, is a priority for MAF. It is therefore essential for you to contribute to this by conducting safe and efficient mission flights, caring for our customers and faithfully representing MAF to the public. You will also ensure the safety and efficiency of the organisation and schedule all flight operations to meet with applicable standards, legislation and safety policies.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
– Secondary School Completion Certificate
– Previous experience in an aviation related role
– Advantageous to have Certificate as Flight Dispatcher
– Commercial Pilot Licence
– ICAO Commercial Pilots Licence, National Pilot Licence as required
– Full Instrument rating
– Aviation Medical – Class 1 on entry
– A minimum of 500 flight hours experience in aeroplanes (or equivalent)
– Experience and recent proficiency in the operation of small aircraft to CPL standards
– Excellent communications skills, including proficiency written and verbal English
– Versatility, self-starting and strategically-minded