Mission Pilot, Tanzania
MAF has been working in Tanzania since 1963. Although the country is domestically stable, there are still many isolated areas of the country where people live as subsistence farmers with little access to essential services or the Gospel.
MAFs focus in Tanzania is to provide medical and evangelistic ‘safaris’. These involve national and missionary staff flying to remote villages to provide medical care, including antenatal, mother-and-child checks, and one-to-one evangelism.
We now have an opportunity for a mission pilot to join our team in Tanzania!
Our pilots are flexible and support our program operations by fulfilling multiple responsibilities, in addition, to safely and efficiently operating MAF aircraft in accordance with company policies and procedures. You will support the effectiveness and efficiency of the program by undertaking assigned management and post-holder roles on a routine basis.
You will provide a customer-focused flight service and ensure you are operating in accordance with MAF procedures, including maintaining your flying qualifications in accordance with MAF and national regulations.
You will assist with the operational efficiency, effectiveness and safety of the program, which will include the role and responsibilities of managing and overseeing part or the whole of the Flight Operations Department when requested by the Country Director. You will ensure good stewardship of resources is exercised throughout Operations so that people, materials and finances are properly utilised.
You will maintain and improve personal and professional standards by completing proficiency flight checks required by MAF regulations and taking part in training events as required.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
• ICAO Commercial Pilots license with instrument rating
• Aviation Medical class 1
• Minimum English proficiency level 5
• Minimum flight hours 400
• Aptitude in verbal and numerical reasoning
• Demonstrated proficiency in and knowledge of aircraft performance and loading, aerodynamics, aircraft systems, weather, aircraft instrumentation, crew/cockpit resource management, pilot decision-making, safety and quality systems
• Some experience working in commercial or corporate aviation is highly recommended
• Resource management
• Kiswahili language skills or a willingness to learn the language