Manager Continued Airworthiness, Flexible Location
Does it excite you to be part of an organisation where every six minutes an aircraft takes off or lands somewhere in the world, transporting people who live in remote communities and assisting aid and development agencies, missions and churches to share the love of God?
Mission Aviation Fellowship is a unique Christian relief and development charity operating 130 light aircraft in over 30 countries. MAF transports patients, relief workers, produce, medical supplies and Christian workers in the world’s remotest regions: places of deepest human need where flying is not a luxury but a lifeline. We have operated for over 75 years and have developed into a substantial aviation services charity.
To continue enabling our Technical Operations service around the world, we require a Continued Airworthiness Manager who will be responsible for ensuring the alignment of procedures and best practice to support all MAFI programs. The right candidate will be open to learning, and enjoy mentoring and developing others. You will also need to be someone who is analytical, understands numbers and data, has solid decision making skills, and is an excellent communicator. Location for this role is flexible, however, it is highly desired for the successful role holder to be based in one of our operational locations.
*Acceptance of, and adherence to MAF’s purpose, vision and values is an essential condition of employment*
**Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment background checks including a Criminal History check**
In this role, you will work in close collaboration with those accountable and responsible for management of continued airworthiness across all MAFI programmes. Through facilitating regular reviews and by supporting combined meetings and collaboration, you will ensure that airworthiness standards are met and maintained, and the alignment of procedures and best practice are consistent across all MAFI programs. You will also participate in the development of electronic Continued Airworthiness / Maintenance Control systems, and collaborate with department managers to identify quality and safety trends to mitigate risk and improve efficiency.
This role also requires you to maintain an overview and facilitate co-ordination of relief capacity. You will greatly assist MAF’s response activities by establishing benchmarks and standard resourcing levels for continued airworthiness support and monitoring these to ensure to mitigate risk if shortfalls occur.
You will need to bring your people management skills to affect the performance and development of our teams by ensuring a one-team mindset across all locations. By keeping a global focus and building networks across programs, you will help to ensure that teams have a customer-centric approach and are able to promote a generative safety culture.
We are looking for you to enhance an environment that encourages learning and delivers relevant technical and project management expertise. Focusing on supporting individual professional and personal development through clear and regular feedback, coaching and training is essential.
We also expect you to continue to engage with the wider aviation industry to ensure MAF continues to maintain industry networks, and keep us up to date with emerging methods and technology.
There is some international travel required for this role of 4 – 6 weeks per year.
There is an occupational requirement for the successful candidate to be able to align themselves fully with MAF’s Christ centred vision, mission and core values.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
– Further education, Degree level or equivalent experience
– Hold, or have held a license that is equivalent to a license in category B1, B2 or C
– Training in Quality and Safety Management
– Training in Human Factors
– Continuing Airworthiness Management Training
– Broad experience of working in an operational role as an engineer and in a continued airworthiness management role
– Experience in managing and working in a remote team (virtual department)
– Experience in dealing with multiple aviation regulatory authorities
– Ability to make decisions based on a values driven framework, particularly when resolving conflicting priorities
– Ability to communicate clearly across both geographical and cultural boundaries
– Excellent spoken and written English
– Demonstrated Christian maturity and leadership
– Emotional resourcefulness
– Flexibility towards others and circumstances
– Thoroughness and concern for standards
– Logical and independent thinking
– Efficiency and results driven orientation
– Missiological training
– Experience as an Auditor
– Experience of working in commercial or corporate aviation highly recommended
– Understanding Others
– Effective Communication
– Team Management Orientation
– Development Orientation
– Conceptual Thinking