Maintenance Support Specialist – Piston Aircraft, Mareeba
Do you like fixing things?
At MAF we reach some of the most isolated communities in the world. To do this our planes have to land on some very challenging terrain. Therefore we need an excellent engineering team to help keep our planes flying. Maintenance is not just a routine job it is essential for the protection of aircraft and the lives of our pilots and passengers.
MAF are currently seeking a Maintenance Support Specialist to take responsibility for the development and production of aircraft (piston engine) airworthiness standards and maintenance procedures, in accordance with MAF’s values, standards and procedures.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
• Line maintenance engineer experience in at least one AMO (Aircraft Maintenance Organisation)
• Further education, Diploma level or equivalent experience
• Good written and verbal skills in English with the ability to communicate clearly across both geographical and
• Training in Human Factors –maintenance (required), flight operations (preferred)
• Training in Quality Management Systems
• Experience with aviation authorities preferred
• Computer literate with proficient keyboard skills, English grammar and using MS and Adobe programs
• Thorough understanding of documentation control
• Holds/ has held an Inspection Authorisation (or equivalent) or has undertaken training for the issue of an IA