IT Manager, PNG
Take your IT skills to a new and exciting place!
Mission Aviation Fellowship (MAF) is an organisation using light aircraft to deliver help, hope and healing through aviation in over 30 developing countries. For more than 75 years, MAF has been transporting patients, relief workers, produce and medical supplies to the world’s remotest regions and places of deepest human need – places where flying is not a luxury but a lifeline.
Papua New Guinea is one of the most culturally diverse and beautiful countries in the world. It is affectionate known as “the land of the unexpected”. Most of the population of over 9 million people live in rural communities that are as diverse as their languages. Papua New Guinea is one of the most culturally diverse countries in the world with more than 800 native languages of which 12 have no living speakers. Only 18 per cent of its people live in urban centres, the rest live in very remote areas with no option of transport being available due a great crest of mountains, jutting from the sea to altitudes of over 15000 feet, surrounded by slopes and valleys. The terrain is extremely rugged with mountains and fast-flowing rivers, which have long cut the interior of the country off from outsiders.
We are looking for an experienced IT Manager who is looking for the experience of a lifetime and is willing join our team in PNG. This role will suit for a self-motivated individual who has strong knowledge in software, network, hardware, cloud-based solutions and implementation of technology solutions.
To help implement and develop excellent IT services and infrastructure, we are looking for an IT Manager to join our PNG program. Our IT function covers a wide portfolio from program development to customer support.
This is a great opportunity to be part of the amazing PNG team and make a difference to the isolated communities we serve.
As the IT Manager in our PNG program, you will be responsible for coordinating, planning, and leading IT-related activities and help determine IT needs necessary to best support MAF’s internal needs.
You will also be involved in upgrading our hardware and software, ensuring they are up to date. This role will involve travel to our remote base locations across PNG to implement new infrastructure.
The successful candidate must be willing to utilise their proven technical hands-on skills within a small team environment. You must have a professional and detailed knowledge of the industry’s best practice processes in a high pressure and high-volume evolving environment.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
– Qualifications or training in a related field or 3 – 5 years IT or equivalent experience
– Management experience preferred in the following: Microsoft Windows Servers, Linux Servers & Network architecture, security and maintenance Microsoft Windows – Servers, Linux Servers & Network architecture, security and maintenance
– Solid understanding of IP networking: Ethernet and Wifi (LAN and extended area)
– Working knowledge of Windows Domains, Policies and WSUS
– Ability to diagnose Cat5 cabling faults
– Good communicator in conceptual terms and detailed specifics; written and spoken
– Good people manager and team builder
– Ability to maintain confidentiality
– Strong ability to manage multiple projects, activities and tasks simultaneously
– Exposure to or experience in non-profit/missions environment (ideal, but not essential)