HR Advisor, Cairns Support Office
Do you have a passion for seeing isolated people changed by the love of Christ through aviation and other technologies?
Does it excite you to be part of an organisation where every six minutes an aircraft takes off or lands somewhere in the world, transporting people who live in remote communities and assisting aid and development agencies, missions and churches to share the love of God?
Mission Aviation Fellowship is a unique Christian relief and development charity operating 130 light aircraft in over 30 countries. MAF transports patients, relief workers, produce, medical supplies and Christian workers in the world’s remotest regions: places of deepest human need where flying is not a luxury but a lifeline. We have operated for over 75 years and have developed into a substantial aviation services charity.
We now have an exciting opportunity for an HR Advisor to join our international HR team. This is an opportunity to bring your unique skills to be part of a new department within a highly skilled team that is compassionate, adaptive, and proactive about delivering exceptional results. This role is based in Cairns Support Office.
To be successful in this role, you will bring your expertise to support the HR Services team in managing the employee life-cycle processes, and providing an HR advisory service to our staff.
You will need to be educated to a degree or equivalent level, and ideally hold a professional qualification in Human Resources.
You must have an eye for detail, be proactive, and be able to work independently as well as part of a team. You should also have significant experience in optimising administration processes, working with various databases and systems and managing workflow processes.
Good working knowledge of contractual and secondment agreements, HR policies, and the ability to provide general advice to staff in relation to conditions of employment, award rates and salaries is essential. You will have good negotiation skills, cross-cultural experience, the ability to establish credibility with stakeholders, and excellent communication skills.
Due to the global nature of our organisation, there is a requirement for you to sometimes work outside of normal working hours.
Applicants must have the legal right to work in Australia and should also have a strong desire to deliver high-quality support services to our managers, and current and future employees. There is an occupational requirement for the successful candidate to be able to align themselves fully with MAF’s Christ-centred vision, mission and core values.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
– Degree qualified with preferably an AHRI qualification or equivalent
– Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
– Demonstrated competence in the Microsoft Office Suite (word, excel, PowerPoint, outlook etc.)
– Excellent administration skills and an eye for detail
– Ability to manage a heavy workload and prioritise effectively
– Ability to deliver work against agreed deadlines
– Able to communicate effectively across geographical and cultural boundaries
– Min 12 months in HR Administration role or similar
– Experience in HR services processes and systems.
– Able to work independently as well as part of a team
– Aptitude in verbal reasoning
– Excellent spoken and written English
– Is willing and able to be accessible during non-work hours
– Able to demonstrate understanding and acceptance of the Statement of Faith and willing to proactively take part in MAF events and meetings eg prayer meetings, away days etc
– Previous cross-cultural and/or mission experience
To apply, kindly visit MAF International website: https://careers-mafint.icims.com/