Finance Manager, South Sudan
South Sudan is a country located in East Central Africa which shares a border with six neighbouring countries. It is a young sovereign nation having gained independence in 2011. Since then, it has struggled with nation building and good governance.
The terrain and geographical barriers including the Sudd, one of the worlds largest wetlands, means that those that live there struggle to gain access to some of those services we take for granted. A three-hour flight for one of our partners can save a weeks journey overland in the dry season and a month in the wet season.
We are looking for a Finance Manager to join the South Sudan team.
– Prepare the annual budget, financial monthly accounts including re-forecasts to the end of the year – – Provide financial information, reporting on results and data to the to the Country Director, other
department managers and the support office in Ashford as and when required.
– Manage the programmes accounts department including supervising the finance staff in all their
duties, providing clear and regular feedback, training, development and mentoring.
– Oversee the payments of wages and benefits to the programme national staff.
– Fulfil the requirements of regulating authorities including arranging external audits and filing of
accounts, preparing and submitting of any tax returns and forms.
– Keep abreast of local regulations to ensure compliance.
– Monitor financial performance and recommend appropriate corrective action when necessary.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
– You will be a Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA or equivalent)
– Experience of managing a finance team
– Experience in managing relationships with auditors, bankers, and lawyers
– Experience in accounting systems and internal control procedures
– Experience in preparing budgets and accounts
– The ability to research and assimilate laws and regulations and evaluate their impact
– Cross cultural experience
– Knowledge of reporting requirements of the UK