Engineering Manager, PNG
Looking to serve in one of the most culturally diverse places in the world? We might have the perfect role for you!
Mission Aviation Fellowship (MAF) is an organisation using light aircraft to deliver help and hope in over 30 developing countries. For over 75 years, MAF has been transporting patients, relief workers, produce and medical supplies to the world’s remotest regions and places of deepest human need – places where flying is not a luxury but a lifeline. MAF operates in 37 countries with approx. 135 aircraft reaching some of the most remote places on earth. We bring hope to families & communities trying to make a daily living. It is our desire to see these remote places transformed in Christ’s name.
Papua New Guinea (PNG) is known to be one of the most culturally diverse and rural countries in the world. Only 18 per cent of people live in urban centres and the rest live in very remote areas with limited access to transport due to the tough terrain.
We are seeking an experienced, detail-orientated Engineering Manager to join our growing PNG team and play a key role in planning, managing and monitoring the engineering function. We are looking for an experienced Maintenance Aircraft Engineer with at least 5 years experience, supervisory / management experience and an awareness of regional CASA regulations and advisory material.
– You will ensure that locally performed maintenance is conducted as requested and is in accordance with applicable standards, regulations and safety policies.
– You will be expected to manage the induction, training and ongoing development of new team members in order to develop and communicate a clear sense of vision
and purpose; and continue to encourage the improvement of professional standards.
– This role requires you to manage resources used by the maintenance department, support programme management in the development of plans, effectively schedule
aircraft and component maintenance, planning and directing the installation, testing, operation, maintenance, and repair of facilities and equipment.
– You will also be responsible for controlling the completion, storage, retrieval and reporting of all technical records generated in the course of inspection and
maintenance activities, and all personal records of training, company approvals, licensing and other certifications which must be kept up to date.
– Additionally, you will actively engage with quality and safety management systems and coordinate with the Safety and Quality Manager’s to effect timely corrective
actions in response to non-conformity reports, provide assistance to Auditors as required, and ensure compliance with organisational and regulatory requirements.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
PNG CASA Licences or equivalent to be converted at appointment
At least five years aircraft maintenance experience
At least two years supervisory aircraft engineering experience
Understanding of human factors as it relates to aircraft maintenance
Awareness of regional CASA regulations and advisory material applicable to approvals held by the facility