Chief Engineer, Liberia
Liberia is one of the oldest republics in Africa, but also one of its poorest. As a country, it has suffered from many years of civil war, as well as the devastation of the Ebola crisis in 2014.
MAF has been working in Liberia for a number of years providing essential support as the only humanitarian flight service in the country. We are currently looking for a Chief Engineer to join our team in Liberia and support our ongoing operations there.
You will ensure all aircraft are maintained in accordance with applicable standards, regulations and safety policies. You will be expected to support the effective performance, training and development of all aviation maintenance staff to develop and communicate a clear sense of vision and purpose. You will manage the effective and efficient use of resources by the maintenance department. You will be responsible for controlling the completion, storage, retrieval and reporting of all technical records generated in the course of inspection and maintenance activities. Additionally, you will actively engage in the Quality and Safety Management systems liaising with the Quality Manager and providing assistance to Quality and Safety Auditors as required.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
• Secondary School completion certification
• Completion of approved aircraft maintenance engineer pre-employment course
• ICAO Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Licence without type rating
• 5 years aircraft maintenance experience
• Team management experience
• Knowledge of Human Factors in Aviation Maintenance
• Knowledge of Health & Safety principles
• National Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Licence
• Aircraft and engine type course
• Turbine or reciprocating engine experience
• Experience of of budgeting and financial control systems