Area IT Manager, Uganda
You are at the sharp end of transformation as you work with our programmes in East Africa (Kenya, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda) delivering the technology platforms and infrastructure that keep our aircraft on schedule. You will need to inspire the team, work with department heads and local partners, to achieve the programme goals. You will ensure all operational activities in the programme are carried out within the approved annual budget by monitoring internal control systems and taking corrective action where necessary. You will also ensure that all operational activities of the programme are well co-ordinated with the heads of other departments within the programme.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
• IT management qualification or equivalent experience
• ITIL Qualification or good experience working in an ITIL environment
• Microsoft professional qualification(s)
• Networking certifications
• Experience working with file servers, active directory and understanding of virtualised servers
• Experience of providing first and second line support, including fault diagnosis and resolution.
• Experience working with IP protocols, TCP/IP, DHCP, and an understanding of internet routers, firewalls, WAN’s and VPN’s
• Experience of managing IT Teams
• Experience supporting Windows environments
• Experience of multi cultural/national environments